I have a new friend and recently discovered her blog. She started a "craft tag" that I thought was brilliant (especially this time of year when we are all looking for Christmas gift ideas).
Anyway here are the rules
1. Post a project that you have been working on lately or some thing you want to start soon.
2. Include pictures, a few instructions on how to make your fun project/craft idea, or a link to where you found the idea.
3. Then tag a few people to do the same!!
Okay ladies, here's mine. I actually made these awhile ago but I thought I would share this project because I gave some for Christmas gifts and they were a big hit.
I got this idea from a scrapbook store in Utah.
It's a fun way to organize your birthdays. It's a 12 month calendar and you just write the names of your fam and friends on their month/ day and fill the envelopes with cards to pull from when their special day comes.
What you will need:
*13-9x6 vertical white envelopes
*13 sheets of 12x12 scrapbook paper (its fun if you can find paper to fit the season or holiday of that month)
*ribbon to match paper
*Months and days printed on cardstock
*ink/ chalk for edges (optional)
*2 book rings
1. Cut out your scrapbook paper 5 1/2 in. by 8 1/2 in. and a piece to cover the flap (you may want to trace the flap and make a pattern to trace for all of your pages) Ink edges if desired and add ribbon with glue dots or staples. Glue the papers to 2 envelopes so that as you turn the pages the paper and month line up with the flap opening at the top (refer to the pics).
2. Cut out Months and glue to flap. I used a pop-up glue dot on the first letter of the month to add more dimension.
3. Cut out dates, ink, add any ribbon, and glue to paper,
4. Hole punch the bottom of envelopes (you might want to finish all of the months first and put everything in place before you punch any holes, just to be sure that it flips correctly) and add book rings.
TA-DA! That's it. It's the perfect project for those of you, like me, who have a bunch of scrapbook paper laying around gathering dust.
I TAG : Melissa M., Melissa L., Adrienne, Traci, Heather D., Tiffany, Lacey and anyone else that feels like being creative!
It can be something you've done in the past or would like to do so don't stress out if you don't have something you are working on right now.
Can't wait to see your projects.