Okay my "30 meals" friends, I hope you are working on your 30 meals and your master ingredients list and hopefully you are starting to reap the rewards of all of your hard work.
I know I am and I am seriously LOVING IT!
So, this is the final step.
Step 4: Create a Binder to keep yourself organized.
Inside my binder I have several sheet protectors which I am using as pockets. I just took a sharpie (because I'm fancy like that) and wrote on the front of each of the sheet protectors. This is what I have so far:
1. Recipes to add to my 30 meals. (btw your 30 meals may eventually be 34 meals... nothing wrong with that).
2. Recipes I want to try. Now, don't put just any recipe in here! You worked hard to simplify so don't go making things crazy again. But, if your bff goes on and on about a meal that her family gobbled up with lots of "mmmmmm", and "yummy", and "mom you are the best cook ever!" then you should definitely add that recipe to this pocket and try it out.
3. Special Occasion Recipes. In this pocket you would put special recipes you make just a few times a year (ex. Holidays, summer salads, winter soups etc.)
4. Side dishes. Eventually I will type these up and put them on their own ring but for now my funeral potatoes and vegetable recipes etc. will be found in this pocket.
5. Desserts. Again, eventually I will take all of my FAVORITE desserts and type them up and add them to their own ring (might need 2 or 3 rings, lol) but for now they go in this pocket.
6. Breads/ Appetizers/ drinks
7. Other Recipes. This pocket is for those recipes that didn't make it to the top 30, maybe the kids nixed it but the adults loved it so you don't want to just throw it away...but maybe you should just throw it away... think about it.
The beautiful thing is once I've gone through all my recipes and divided them among the pockets I can finally THROW AWAY all of those recipes that are crowding up my cupboards, YAY!
(If you want to print off this cover page for your binder just download it here.)
WARNING: The 30 Meal plan is ALL ABOUT SIMPLIFYING. This Binder is for your FAVORITE recipes (unless they are recipes you want to try but even then be realistic. Are you REALLY going to try it?). If you put ALL of your recipes in this binder it will explode at the seams and be a HUGE mess. If you have millions of recipes you want to keep then you'll need to use another method.
Any thoughts/ suggestions on this step?
Is the 30 Meal Plan working for you?
We want to hear your thoughts!