Monday, May 18, 2009

Picture Matching Book

So easy, you CAN do this!
This is another project Melissa and I worked on while she was visiting me in Kentucky. I saw something like it over 8 years ago and it has taken me this long to make one for my kids.

This is GREAT for keeping kids quiet and entertained during church, in waiting rooms, in the car etc.
All you do is:
1. print doubles of the pictures you want to use.

2. Take one of the doubles and cut out the head of the person.
3. Then, laminate both the full picture (I laminated 2 different pictures back to back to save room) and the "head".



4. Buy some clear round velcro and attach it to your full photo and the back of the "head" so that you can stick the head back on the body.

I love this because we don't live near our family so it helps my kiddos remember what everyoe looks like. If your kids are old enough to read you could write the names on the picture too.

5. Once you've got all of your photos ready just punch a hole in the corner and add them all to a ring.
6. You'll also want to add a thick envelope to the ring and put some velcro on the envelope so you can open and close it and store the "heads" inside.



WaLaa! Your kids will LoVe matching the pictures of the people they love most.

15 comments:

Ter said...

neat idea!!

JOY said...

My boyz will love this!

Michelle said...

wow what a neat idea...bet my daughter would love this..

Dover Fam said...

We have tagged you as a Queen! Please come check out our blog so you can grab the button!!!
mandeeandbrandy.blogspot.com

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Cute Idea!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Wow, great idea! I'll be linking.

Connie Babe said...

very cool. and that's one of my favorite people there!!! and i think i spied miss anna's eyeballs... i like this one a lot! gonna file it away for granny years...

Tamra said...

I really like this, we'll add this to our projects for this summer, thank you!!

Controlling My Chaos said...

Very creative. I love it.

Amber said...

Love this idea! We too live away from family. So, it's a great way to keep my family familiar to my boys.

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

Hello nannygoat ladies! I would love to have join in my Crafty Summer Series fun!! I would love to have your creativity in the mix!

dddddddd said...

Hi folks
so glad you like the Stay Tuned image that I created for my Plain Jane's Promotional Planner.

What I don't appreciate is your copying it without either permission or attribution or link back to my site. Not nice

Plain Jane

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

So sorry Plain Jane, I found your cute image on google images and used it. I don't even know where your site is.
I want you to know that I removed it and next time I use google images I will be more careful to find out who deserves credit for those images.
Sorry again,
Kathryn

Melanie said...

I like the picture matching cards. Especially the picture of my bishop and his wife. Small world.

Katie from ABC&123: A Learning Cooperative said...

Hi there!

I run a blog on which we share educational and learning activities. I would like to feature this one in an upcoming post scheduled for Aug 3rd. I included the top photo, short description, and direct linked back to this post. Your blog is credited too, of course. Please let me know if this is NOT permissible. Thank you ahead of time for sharing.