Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Halloween banner and pumkins

I've seen these banners all over the blogging world and figured- I've got paper, string, and ribbon, so why not make my own?!
So I did... and I like it... and I think I'm make one for Thanksgiving... and maybe one for Christmas...How fun are these glittery pumpkins I made thanks to Martha... dear, dear, Martha.

(Yes, I know mine aren't as perfect as Marthas... what do you expect? I'm no Martha. I wonder if Martha is Martha. Ya know what I mean? Does Martha even know she came up with these beautiful glittery pumpkins? I have a feeling that Martha's "people" deserve a lot more credit than they get.)
Just a few close ups of the banner. I printed the scalloped circle and square on the back of the paper and then cut them out by hand.

Surely there is an easier way to do it ... anyone know an easier way?

7 comments:

adrienne said...

Sooo Cute!! I wanna make one!

Drew and Michele said...

No way, this is so funny, I made a couple of these this last weekend and had some friends over today and they all made some. We made a Thankful one for thanksgiving and a celebrate one for birthdays. I will post mine soon so you can take a look. Great minds think alike right:) We thought a Valentine one would also be a necessity, and we took the long road and hand cut the all out too!!

Tiffany said...

I think you are much more Martha than even Martha is a Martha. You are out of control amazing...I love these!

Brett and Amy said...

I love you're Halloween banner and am going to have to squeeze in time to make one -thanks for sharing! I also took the liberty to look at some of you're older posts. I love your style and creativity. LOVE the boys room, and your daughters hair in her 5 year old pic. How'd you get that curl, hot rollers, foam? I also love those magnet boards. Do you just buy sheet metal from Home Depot and an open frame? Sorry, I'm sure you're adequately freaked out by this weirdo looking at your blog asking you a bazillion questions. If it helps, I'm Traci Underwoods sister in law in Cincy. Thanks for letting me peep into your craftiness.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Ohhhh, I love your site!! I love finding girls after my own heart! Thanks for coming by, I hope you'll come back soon! I'm going to read more of your blog tonight.

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

To my new stalker friend Amy ;)

I'm so glad you got some ideas from this blog! Let me answer your questions...
-Green sponge rollers to get the curl in my daughters hair. I put them in after a shower when her hair is still dripping then I stick a pair of her panties (yes, it's true) to hold them in place over night and her hair looks cute and curly in the morning.

-Yes, you can just buy sheet metal and a frame and put them together. If you want to do alot of them (we did them for Christmas gifts one year) you can call a metal company and have them cut a huge sheet into the sizes you want and that is usually cheaper than buying from Home Depot.
PS I love your Sis-in-law and now you are considered a friend here on nannygoat... I'm not scared of you. ;)heehee

Reese said...

Okay, I am a friend of your new stalker friend, Amy, who has been begging me to check out this cute banner. Way cute! And I saw that you live in Cincy too......I guess we need to have a crafty/blogger/un-martha meet-up! Or maybe I will just run into you sometime soon at Ikea:)