Sunday, November 9, 2008

"Baby legs" (or arm warmers)

When I saw this tutorial on Little Birdie Secrets (LOVE that blog!) I couldn't wait to try it out, especially since my girls love to wear short sleeve shirts even in the dead of winter.

It's so easy. All you need is a pair of socks (knee-high for baby legs or kids arms and thigh high for adult arms) matching thread and scissors. Just cut the feet off of both socks then turn the sock inside out and fold the raw edge over and whip stitch it. THAT"S IT!!

So cute and comfy. I have to make more 'cause my girls are fighting over them!

Now I can't wait to make some "baby legs" for the new babes. (The tricky part is finding boyish colors/patterns in a knee-high sock.)

4 comments:

em said...

Kathryn, I saw this tutorial awhile ago, and have it saved away in my "Future Projects File!" If you find some cute boyish colors, please share where! ;)

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

SO CUTE!

Amy said...

yea! i can't wait to do this!

Drew and Michele said...

ya, so I made these for my sister in law and her darling new little baby!!