Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Wow, what a year it has been for nannygoat, thanks to all of you!!!!

Really, I can't tell you how much fun we have had and how much we love to read your sweet comments and see your projects. Melissa and I do this blog totally for fun because we love to craft and we love to share our projects with each other. Actually, that's how the blog started. I moved 1600 miles away from Melissa and so I started a blog just so I could show her pictures of my projects on the new house and she could tell me what she thought.

I never imagined it would turn into what it has. This year nannygoat's stat counter has gone from a few hundred hits a day back in January to now thousands of hits every day.

Holy Cow peoples!

Thanks for reading friends.

And now a re-post of nannygoat's most popular post of 2009.

Here it is:

OUR PLAYHOUSE

(originally posted 6-11-09)

I little over a year ago my hubby told me he wanted to turn the attic above the garage into a bonus room. I thought he was CrAzY since the only way we could do it financially was if we did ALL of the work (and when I say "we" I mean "he") and he is a very busy resident. Not to mention the fact that he has never built a room before.

Anyway, make a long story short, HE DID IT!
During the process we found there was a little nook in the back of the attic and at first we thought we might just wall it off but then we decided it would be perfect for a little "playhouse" for the kids, especially since it opens into their playroom.
I keep adding stuff to it as I find new things (on sale or at garage sales of course) but this is how it has turned out... so far.
BEFORE :
(literally a hole in the wall)

AFTER:

I want to put up a little roof face that comes out of the wall with wood shingles eventually but that is at the bottom of a long list of things to do so we'll see. Until then I think this iron piece gives it the shape of a rooftop.

I ordered this vinyl "Welcome" sign from Scribble it. You can't really tell from the pictures but the rod iron piece and the "welcome" sign are chocolate brown.
I LUUUVVVV it!

Remember, I am just learning (notice I didn't say "can't", baby steps people) how to sew. These curtains are actually placemats I found and loved the colors so I just folded over one side and made a seam for the curtain rod.
This window is perfect for puppet shows too!

Here is the inside of the playhouse.

See the artwork display in the back? Just a 1x4 piece of painted wood with clips mounted on it.
Easy!

Remember the silly lady that sold me a dresser for $5? She also sold me this gold framed mirror for $3... I love that silly lady.
I spray painted it with a high gloss turquoise and put the kid's "dress-up" clothes next to it.

I swore years ago that I would never paint anything orange in my house...

You should never swear. ;)heehee

So there you have it. Our new playhouse.
P.S. Literally 5 seconds after I took these pictures my two-year-old came through and destroyed all of my "staging" efforts. Real life at our house is NeVEr this clean. ;0

8 comments:

mags said...

wow, so impressed! love the little window, and the welcome sign, and the curtains, and the contrast between the orange wall and turquoise gingham tablecloth. awesome.

Amy@TheLemonCottage said...

Whoa!
That is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
I just got my hubby out of bed. He looked, said it was nice.
Then ... politely... told me we don't have an attic and the garage isn't attached.

So, short of building an addition, I'll have just dream of yours! :)

~Amy

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I remember reading about this when you posted originally. I thought it was pure genius back then and I still do! :) Happy New Year!

SkinnyMeg said...

it's so darn cute!! I would have LOVED that as a little girl.

Scott Law said...

That's awesome girls. I know since you mentioned my blog my daily traffic average is about triple what it was. Still not thousands though ;{. Seriously, GREAT JOB!!!!

Barillafab4.blogspot.com said...

WOW, awesome...and my husband is just thrilled because we just added an attached garage this summer and it shares a wall of our exisiting playroom so you see where I am going with this!!! LOL :) Do you care if I steal your plans?

Dreamer said...

Congrats on your successes! You deserve it, you guys crank out some seriously cute stuff.

Rookie Bebe said...

Ok, I'm seriously addicted to craft blogs. With so much downtime at work, I get to spend all my time looking at all the crafts I wish I were home doing!

Love the playroom and play house ideas. I'm definitely adding you to my bloglines. Good luck on the move.