Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Save the Date Intro.

It's the Christmas season.

It can be so hectic, overwhelming, and expensive!

Our families are stepping back this year and focusing on simplifying, spending less, and feeling the meaning of Christmas more.


For that reason nannygoat wants to share ideas with you for Christmas that will be simple, inexpensive, and meaningful.


First, we have to get organized. This binder is something Melissa and I came up with a few weeks ago after we had this conversation:

K: "What should we get mom for Christmas this year?"

M:"I don't know. What did we give her last year?"

K: "I can't remember... has she mentioned anything she might like in conversation over the last... ummm... year??"


Our conversation then led to how we have dropped the ball on birthdays this year too and next year we want to do better at sending a card or calling or emailing or at least doing SOMETHING on everyones birthday.


So we started brainstorming and came up with something that I think will change my life forever :) and of course we want to share this idea with you!

This is great for getting yourself organized and it is a PERFECT gift idea to give to someone you love. It will bless their lives and like we said this season we are focusing on meaningful, simple, and inexpensive ideas.

(sorry to my friends who have been waiting for me to post this for weeks)









This is the binder cover.
We will have the files for you to download all of this in later posts. This is just a preview.

A tab for every month with a list of birthdays and holidays for that month along with extra pages full of information to help you remember everything.

Now some of my favorite pages.

THIS is what makes this organizer different and what I am so excited about!
Fill out these sheets with all the information you need to remember your loved ones special dates. It includes all the ways you can get a hold of your loved one (address, phone #, email, facebook, etc) to tell them "Happy Birthday". Oh, and when you BFF mentions to you that she loves that thing she saw at the store today hurry and write it down under "gift ideas" so when her birthday or Christmas comes along you know exactly what to get her!

This page is great for this time of year to keep track of who is getting what. I also write on it where I am hiding stuff so I don't forget that gift I bought on sale in July that is tucked deep under my bed and also how much I've spent on each child.

Just make sure the kids don't get a hold of this information! We also have a page for Christmas exchanges like with family, friends, neighbors etc. so you can keep track of who is on your list and you don't forget teachers, bus drivers, mailman etc.


I LOVE this page. I have it under every month that has a holiday and it reminds me of what traditions we do and any new ideas we may want to try for that Holiday. My family is young so we are still trying out new traditions. Some traditions stick and some don't and this way I can keep track.

THERE IS SO MUCH MORE TO SHARE.
I'm so excited about this. It is just what we need and we hope it helps you too!
We will post the files and detailed instruction soon so stay tuned!

and Photobucket

20 comments:

Kathy said...

What a cool idea! Not to be nit-picky but you spelled "budget" wrong on the Christmas List section. I love this idea though!!! :)

Rachel Berry said...

AMAZING!! GENIUS!! FABULOUS!!
I NEED THIS!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait for the files to be posted..

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
:)R.

Jenny said...

Love it! What a great idea!

Mindy Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy Jo said...

I can not WAIT for the downloads! It's perfect! I've always just typed everything up in a word document and printed it out, but this way is SO much CUTER! Thanks ladies, for yet again, another FABULOUS idea!

Krissa said...

I absolutely love this idea..and cant wait for you to share the files...this would be a lifesaver in our house...and I think my mom would love it...
AWESOME!!!!!

jaki said...

I've been trying to come up with something to keep track of birthdays each month so I can be more organised.
I love the look of this!
Thanks for sharing a great idea :)

Lynn Kellan said...

Super idea!! Thanks for helping us get organized!

Debbie said...

What a fun idea. I'm an organization FREAK (although you wouldn't know it by looking at my house) and this is just the sort of thing I would do too! :) Thanks for sharing your ideas!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I love this idea! I've had a Christmas binder for years. It is sooo helpful. I also carry around a tiny notebook with info about people. That way if I find something on sale, I can make sure to grab the right size! I'm not really an organized person. But in the ways that I am, I love it! Can't wait to see all that this notebook of yours has!

Rebecca of the R&W Gals

Jeni said...

LOVE IT!!!! I cannot wait to make one of these for everyone in my family!!!!

Crystal said...

What a great and helpful idea. I can't wait use it. Right now I have notes scribbled everywhere and presents stashed who knows where.

Kim said...

LOVE IT! I am a long time lurker and this so suits my needs and personality. Life is crazy and I write stuff down *everywhere* but I need it all in one spot. Can't wait!

malia said...

Awesome! Can't wait for the downloads. :)

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

ooooooh I can't wait! What a great idea and soo what I need.

M and M Madsen said...

super idea- thanks so much for sharing!

Kimberly said...

Lovvve this idea!! Cant wait to print off the downloads and start my own and one for the girls in my family!! You girls rock!!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Anonymous said...

Are you still planning on posting the rest of the details? I am waiting with anticipation on Step 1!!! Can't wait to see the rest!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I'm so notoriously unorganized that I not only want to set this up...I need to set this up. So, on behalf of my & my husbands entire extended families, I thank you!

For Me, It's You said...

This is great! I plan to make one of these for myself and some others who would greatly benefit from it!!!