Friday, June 17, 2011

From LAZY to cRaZy!

Have you ever started a project that triggers another project and snowballs into what seems like endless things to do?!


It all started with this shed my hubby is building.

It's obviously not finished but we got it to the point that we can start putting things in it while we finish the outside. YAY!

So we attacked the garage with a vengeance and pulled out all the Rubbermaid's full of holiday decorations, clothes my kids have outgrown, and tons and tons of JUNK!!!!


We've spent the last several days in this garage sorting through everything and deciding what goes in the shed, stays in the garage, and (my personal favorite) goes in the GARBAGE!

Of course in the process I came across 6 of these boxes:


You KNOW I had to sort through all the boy boxes and all the girls clothes boxes too since this is our last baby and I'm ready to give the girls clothes away (yes, it was kinda sad but mostly it just feels so good!).


And, with all of this mess going on summer officially began last week so we have some new projects like this wood play set we bought in hopes to keep our kids outside and away from the TV.
I've heard they take 40hrs to put together! Tell me it ain't so...


My girls love to craft with me so we have a list a mile long of all the things we want to make this summer. I can't wait to show you some of our projects!





Happily we did check one craft project off the list yesterday...


Duck tape bags!

The girls had a blast spending the afternoon in the craft room with friends creating these beauties.



Meanwhile, I figure why not add to the craziness and start on the girls bedroom!


This is what I have so far...

I MADE the curtains! Go me! I love them and I'm so proud of my little non-sewing self for being so brave and even adding cute fuzzy-ball trim!!;)


And here is where we are with the room itself...


Wow, we have a long way to go.

Gotta focus on the vision.

focus, focus, focus

It's going to be great!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm proud of you, Kathryn! I hope you are feeling a little better. I love that summer brings some completed projects...some :)

SJW said...

I LOVE dejunking with a passion! It is completely exhausting, but so nice to get rid of stuff. The goodwill guy & I are on a first name basis. Hilarious.

Goings on at the Glenn's said...

sounds like our house. We start projects that lead to other ones we didn't intend to start quite yet. In fact I just posted about it tonight before reading your blog. I am excited to see what you do with the girls room. I need to do something with my daughter's room too.

SkinnyMeg said...

How fun for the girls! I can't wait until mine is old enough to craft with me!!

Suzy www.savedbysuzy.blogspot.com said...

Wow!! You have been amazingly busy. I love your daughter's curtains. I'm making some for my daughter's madeover room and you just inspired me to add some pompom fringe. Did you sew it on or use some kind of glue?

Powers Fam said...

Those curtains are super cute! I love that trim. I can't wait to see the room done. I'm thinking about repainting my daughter's room. Just have to find that right color.